Marklin Locos - adding LED lights

  • Ralph
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31 9:25 PM
      Does anyone know what size resistor works best. I have some old 3 pole electrics that I would like to convert.
      Ralph
    • donfedjur@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31 9:34 PM
        Use a 1K risistor for a single LED. Light is bright, all but impossible to burn out the LED. You can use a 470 OHM resister to power two LED's together. If you want a dimmer light output, go 1.1K or 1.2K. 1/4 watt is fine, also you can use a chip such as a 1206 or smaller yet in size, 805. Need more help, I can send you some JPEG images of examples.

        Don Fedjur
        Carlsbad, CA 92009

        Does anyone know what size resistor works best. I have some old 3 pole electrics that I would like to convert.
        Ralph

      • Angel
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
        • Michael Crane
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
            Good morning to you all,

            Can anyone recommend any good suppliers of these Marklin LED Light replacements?

            Regards,

            Michael.

              > Can anyone recommend any good suppliers of these Marklin LED Light replacements?

              try here:

              http://www.z-hightech.de/?sprache=englisch

              for US residents check here:

              http://www.ztrackcenter.com/htm/marklin/index.html