A Small Interest (pun intended)

  • John Degnan
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2001
      Hi folks,

      I must admit right off the bat that I'm not really a Z-Scale enthusiast, but I am looking for a few pieces of Z... just to say I have some. I stick primarily with HO, but am developing an interest in S scale and 2-rail O scale (all prototypical stuff, nothing of the 'toy' nature).

      I am looking for models of SouthEastern based US roads... very specifically speaking - Seaboard Air Line and Seaboard Coast Line. Are there any Z-Scale manufacturers out there making any models in these road names?

      Also... I'd like to get a list of all the Z-Scale manufacturers out there so as to add them to my web site's LINKS page at www.trainweb.org/seaboard/links0.htm. I promote ALL scales of model railroading, so send me a list of the manufacturers you know of and a link to their web page (if they have a web page), and I'll be doing my part.

      Happy 'Rails!

      John
      www.trainweb.org/seaboard/welcome.htm

    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
        John,

        I know Micro-Trains has made boxcars for the Seaboard in the past. I checked
        their 1997 catalog and found #13611, SCL 50' plug door box car. I also found
        #14124 40' single door boxcar and #14806 40' double door boxcar lettered for
        Seaboard. I do not believe Märklin has ever produce any car for Seaboard. At
        this time, no locomotives are available for SCL in Z scale.

        Please check out our web site (listed below). There you will find listings
        for many manufacturers of Z scale.

        Rob Kluz

        Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        Phone/Fax (614) 764-1703
        www.ztrack.com
      • John Degnan
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
          Rob,

          Thanks for the info. I just wonder if there's any chance I might find any of those still availible?

          John
          I know Micro-Trains has made boxcars for the Seaboard in the past. I checked
          their 1997 catalog and found #13611, SCL 50' plug door box car. I also found
          #14124 40' single door boxcar and #14806 40' double door boxcar lettered for
          Seaboard. I do not believe Märklin has ever produce any car for Seaboard. At
          this time, no locomotives are available for SCL in Z scale.

          Please check out our web site (listed below). There you will find listings
          for many manufacturers of Z scale.

          Rob Kluz

          Ztrack Magazine, Ltd.
          6142 Northcliff Blvd.