Re: Magic Box

  • jmac_han@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 29, 2001
      Hi All,

      This discussion about the Relco is getting down right hilarious.

      The Relco works on both rails. Rob, you might have heard about
      the single rail cleaning action while at NTS2001. I explained to
      several people in attendance that only 1 rail on the Val Ease
      Central was connected to the Relco units.

      It is possible to only connect one half of the circuit. The reason
      that I did this was so that I could still use the MRC 8000 sound
      circuitry which will not work if the Relco is connected to both rails.
      Granted I only get half of the "cleaning" power of my Relcos but
      50% is better than 0%. BTW Relcos do not clean the track but
      act to maintain electrical conductivity across dirty spots.

      You can get Relcos from Glenn and Sandy Stiska (see
      http://www.z-world.com 'For Sale') or from George's Trains (see
      http://www.creativelement.com/z 'Where to Buy') in Toronto,
      Canada @ $30 Canadian plus shipping.

      Once again I ask people not to make claims or to start rumors
      about a product when you have no personal experience with the
      item. Thanks.

      Cheers,
      Jeffrey MacHan
      Val Ease Central (satisfied owner of 3 Relco units)

      --- In z_scale@y..., "Robert Allbritton" <robert@p...> wrote:
      > Tony,
      >
      > You make a good point - DCC (12 volt AC) does tend to keep
      the track cleaner
      > than
      > Analog power (10 volt DC) In fact, DCC is a mini version of a
      Relco.
      > Perhaps is it best to think of DCC as a mild abrasive, while a
      Relco is a
      > little more like medium grit electronic sandpaper (no, neither
      will damage
      > your track or wheels)
      >
      > I have heard that you need to reverse the direction of the
      locomotives for
      > the Relco to work properly (IE a loco running clockwise in a
      circle for a
      > day will only clean the inside (or outside) rail) is this correct?
      Back to