RE: [z_scale] OT: link to Z_Scale

  • Greg Elmassian
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 26, 2001
      On second thought, I'll add the yahoogroups reference, after I write a
      paragraph
      on what yahoogroups are, and that you have to join, and how to navigate...

      I just had a friend start a group, it is related to flying, and while he
      already
      has 100 people interested, the concept of how the group site is laid out
      boggles
      people... even more important is that people have to join the group to get
      anything
      useful from it...

      So it is another level of difficulty for people... so I did not include it
      at first.
      There is now a rudimentary link on my site to yahoogroups...

      Greg

      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 27, 2001
        Hi Greg,

        I agree that yahoo has not made it easy for people to understand
        the groups operation. The transition from egroups to
        yahoogroups was not easy either.

        Forgive me for beating this same theme but my goal is to
        encourage members to provide a direct link to this forum. The
        more private sites that direct people here, the more new
        members we can welcome. The more new members, the
        closer Z_Scale comes to a critical mass of opinion makers and
        extraordinary resources for the whole Z community.

        So instead of a link to yahoogroups.com (the main page) why not
        add a link here? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/z_scale
        If the person finds the messages interesting, it is then relatively
        easy to join the group by following the yahoogroups instructions.

        Just a thought. Don't worry, Greg, I won't mention this subject
        again, not to you anyway ;-)

        Cheers,
        Jeffrey MacHan

        --- In z_scale@y..., "Greg Elmassian" <greg@e...> wrote:
        > On second thought, I'll add the yahoogroups reference, after I
        write a
        > paragraph
        > on what yahoogroups are, and that you have to join, and how to
        navigate...

        > I just had a friend start a group, it is related to flying, and while
        he
        > already
        > has 100 people interested, the concept of how the group site is
        laid out
        > boggles
        > people... even more important is that people have to join the
        group to get
        > anything
        > useful from it...
        >
        > So it is another level of difficulty for people... so I did not include
        it
        > at first.
        > There is now a rudimentary link on my site to yahoogroups...
        >
        > Greg

      • Greg Elmassian
        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 27, 2001
          Done... was in a hurry last time, had to get going, so meant to
          put the link directly there, but just didn't get it, was
          literally going out the door...

          What I want to do is put some text in about how it's safe to
          get a yahoo id and email, and how I made sure I did not use the
          email or get junk mail.. (I obviously have my own email)