Re: [Z_Scale] Marklin F7 couplers

  • reynard wellman
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2010
      Hello Luckykid,
      The Marklin standard coupler is usually very reliable.
      A combination of Marklin & MTL rolling stock using the
      "claw" style couple could be causing problems. You might
      try shimming the couplers up in the coupler box of the offending
      equipment with some thin brass shim stock that you can cutout
      and shape with fingernail scissors. Make it U-shaped so that it
      will go around the mounting screw.

      It's been a long time since I've used the Marklin couplers but
      there are others in our group who may be able to help you
      better than me -- such as David Karp; http://www.zscale.org/
      Or Glen and Sandy Stiska; stiska@...
      Or John Cubbin; http://www.ztrains.com/

      Coupler height is important and getting them on the dot
      for folks in the smaller scales, i.e. HO, N and Z is always
      an important issue for railroad operations.

      Welcome to Z scale! I am sure that others will chime in
      and help you as best they can over the next few days.

      regardZ,
      Reynard Wellman
      http://www.micronart.com