Re: F. Luvium Paddle Shop Now Available

  • pray59_3
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 13, 2010
      Hey Michael, I had made a bunch of paddles to throw around my dock area a couple weeks ago.
      found that if you raster them instead of vector cut, you can spray paint the sheet with a base color, then go back and hand paint individual colors on each paddle easily, and there will be lots more space around each paddle... or other small detail you raster, so they cut out real easy.

      -Robert
    • Michael Duggan
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 13, 2010
        Robert,

        That's a good idea. You can also cut with the beam slightly out of focus. This is a great technique when cutting mortar lines in the larger scales like N and HO.

        For the paddles in F. Luvium, I really stain them more than paint them. In fact my favorite coloring technique is to use Prismacolor markers. You can build up color and get two-tone paddles easily with these markers.

        Cheers,

        Michael Duggan
        Jack of All Trades, Master of Some
        http://www.pawofabear.com

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 13, 2010
          The last time this digital stuff was simple was when the Ohs were O and zero was O with a diagonal line through it, and it was all done on a dot matrix printer.

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Michael Duggan <mthduggan@...> wrote:

          > Oh course, the "Oh's" in Yahoo are "Oh's"...dang I thought I was making the process simple. Instead I was being simple.
          >
          > YAHOO042010 - Wye-Ay-Aitch-Oh-Oh-Zero-four-two-zero-one-zero -
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Michael Duggan
          > Jack of All Trades, Master of Some
          > http://www.pawofabear.com
          >

          > ________________________________

        • John Duino
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 13, 2010
            Until the green-striped paper didn't lift properly, causing the tractor-feed to rip the holes through on one side, forcing the paper to skew, thence bunching up behind the head and bending the pins on the printhead, requiring a technician to be dispatched with a $500 replacement head, and in meantime you keep checking your box for the simple output you expected to run two days ago....

            Ah, the simple days...

            The last time this digital stuff was simple was when the Ohs were O and zero was O with a diagonal line through it, and it was all done on a dot matrix printer.
          • Lindley Ruddick
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 13, 2010
              Paper and pencil works pretty well. You can then place it in an envelope with a USPS stamp and HOPE they deliver in a week or two.
              I guess life was NEVER simple! The older I get, the grouchier I get! LOL!!!
              I HATE CHANGE!
              Lindley

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 13, 2010
                ...and this from the man that just put "LOL" in his e-mail...

                And so not to remain completely off topic....

                STILL LOVE THE NEW KIT! WOOHOO!