Re: [Z_Scale] F. Luvium Paddle Shop Now Available

  • Michael Duggan
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 13 12:16 PM
      Oh course, the "Oh's" in Yahoo are "Oh's"...dang I thought I was making the process simple. Instead I was being simple.

      YAHOO042010 - Wye-Ay-Aitch-Oh-Oh-Zero-four-two-zero-one-zero -

      Cheers

      Michael Duggan
      Jack of All Trades, Master of Some
      http://www.pawofabear.com

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 13 12:58 PM
        Hey Michael, I had made a bunch of paddles to throw around my dock area a couple weeks ago.
        found that if you raster them instead of vector cut, you can spray paint the sheet with a base color, then go back and hand paint individual colors on each paddle easily, and there will be lots more space around each paddle... or other small detail you raster, so they cut out real easy.

        -Robert
      • Michael Duggan
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 13 1:18 PM
          Robert,

          That's a good idea. You can also cut with the beam slightly out of focus. This is a great technique when cutting mortar lines in the larger scales like N and HO.

          For the paddles in F. Luvium, I really stain them more than paint them. In fact my favorite coloring technique is to use Prismacolor markers. You can build up color and get two-tone paddles easily with these markers.

          Cheers,

          Michael Duggan
          Jack of All Trades, Master of Some
          http://www.pawofabear.com

          ________________________________
          Hey Michael, I had made a bunch of paddles to throw around my dock area a couple weeks ago.
          found that if you raster them instead of vector cut, you can spray paint the sheet with a base color, then go back and hand paint individual colors on each paddle easily, and there will be lots more space around each paddle... or other small detail you raster, so they cut out real easy.

          -Robert

        • michaelpiersdorff
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 13 1:57 PM
            The last time this digital stuff was simple was when the Ohs were O and zero was O with a diagonal line through it, and it was all done on a dot matrix printer.

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Michael Duggan <mthduggan@...> wrote:

            > Oh course, the "Oh's" in Yahoo are "Oh's"...dang I thought I was making the process simple. Instead I was being simple.
            >
            > YAHOO042010 - Wye-Ay-Aitch-Oh-Oh-Zero-four-two-zero-one-zero -
            >
            > Cheers
            >
            > Michael Duggan
            > Jack of All Trades, Master of Some
            > http://www.pawofabear.com
            >

            > ________________________________

          • John Duino
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 13 3:23 PM
              Until the green-striped paper didn't lift properly, causing the tractor-feed to rip the holes through on one side, forcing the paper to skew, thence bunching up behind the head and bending the pins on the printhead, requiring a technician to be dispatched with a $500 replacement head, and in meantime you keep checking your box for the simple output you expected to run two days ago....

              Ah, the simple days...

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 13 3:38 PM
                Paper and pencil works pretty well. You can then place it in an envelope with a USPS stamp and HOPE they deliver in a week or two.
                I guess life was NEVER simple! The older I get, the grouchier I get! LOL!!!
                I HATE CHANGE!
                Lindley

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 13 3:48 PM
                  ...and this from the man that just put "LOL" in his e-mail...

                  And so not to remain completely off topic....

                  STILL LOVE THE NEW KIT! WOOHOO!