Re: [Z_Scale] New Member Questions

  • Lindley Ruddick
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 12 7:13 PM
      I would suggest you go here:

      http://www.ztrains.com/

      Be sure to follow ALL the headings. - especially Z scale basics at http://www.ztrains.com/basics/index.html

      Welcome to Z!
      Lindley

    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 13 4:48 AM
        Welcome to Z! We have posted a few track plans that are available for
        download. Ones like the Joe Szajko one may be a good option. You can find them
        under the track plan link on our home page:

        http://www.ztrack.com/

        I have created grades by cutting down lengths of foam. I also have used
        Walther's risers. The Walthers foam risers are very easy to work with. They are
        2%, can be curved and easily worked. They are wide for Z, but can be cut
        down to size if necessary.

        As for uncoupling Marklin trucks without the uncoupling track... the hand
        of God works well. :)

        Some folks have made uncoupling tools that work fairly well, but it is
        still a manual process.

        Rob

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
        www.ztrack.com
        www.ztrackcenter.com
        Distributor American Z Line

      • StonyS
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 13 8:44 AM
          Welcome to Z!!!!

          One thing you might be interested in.. there's a fairly active Z community at www.zcentralstation.com

          In addition to the gallery and forums, there's also a chat room where you can ask questions directly.

          Formal chat times are Sunday at 1p.m. and Wednesday at 9p.m. Eastern Time, but there are often people wandering thru on other days/times.

          Anyone is welcome to join in the chat. If you have questions about anything Z, that is a place where you can possibly find answers faster than posting them in the forums. Chat is a great place to meet the people you have read about in the forums.

          Z-you there.
          Stony

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mkbrooks7007" <murraykbrooks@...> wrote:

          > I am a new member and new to Z-scale and have lots of questions. I have built a couple of room-size N-scale layouts and want to start my first Z-scale layout. Can anyone suggest: 1. Where to find a good small 2'x4' or smaller track plan; 2. How to create grades with a foam baseboard; 3. How to uncouple Marklin couplers without an uncoupling track? I just bought a Marklin starter set and am getting tired of watching the train go around in that small circle of track.

        • mkbrooks7007
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 14 10:59 AM
            Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. Your suggestions were a great help.