It's Christmas in Almost April

  • gwhackman
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2010
      Thank you to everyone who is and has helped me get back into Z. I just started to go through the foot lockers that I last closed in 1987. I have discovered that my bookeeping [IE Inventory Logs] were sadely out of date when I closed down. Add in, that I did not [my Bad] replace some of the passenger and goods wagons into their properly numbered boxes. Most were close by type & color but not exact. Add to that snaufu, that I had forgotten how much I have accumulated since then. All post 1987 are in their correct boxes and never having been run. To say the least my inventory [for insurance & wifes peace of mind] is worefully out of date.
      I know that at bookstores you can locate "Greenburg"[sp] references to assist on inventory/prices ETC. Since I have not my pre 1987 Marklin Catalogues. My question is:
      Is there a website [preferbly in English/ or one with BIG pictures/LOL] that I could use to sort my inventory back into their correct boxes.
      Many thanks for your help. Terry [making like a Duck] in New Hampshire, USA
    • Uwe Liermann
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30, 2010
        Hello Terry,

        > Is there a website [preferbly in English/ or one with BIG
        > pictures/LOL] that I could use to sort my inventory back into their
        > correct boxes.

        there's a website with no words, just pictures...

        http://www.zscale.de/default.htm

        on the left is a menue with the item numbers. There you can choose the
        number of your boxes and you will see wich car or engine belongs to
        that box..

        --
        GreetingZ
        Uwe
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30, 2010
          I use http://www.z-world.com/finditem3.html, just leave it blank and it will list every item, I think its a couple of years out of date, but perfect for what you are after.

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2010
            Uwe, Great site. Once again I am indebted to you for your help. Danke. Terry

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Uwe Liermann <maillist@...> wrote:

            > Hello Terry,
            >
            > > Is there a website [preferbly in English/ or one with BIG
            > > pictures/LOL] that I could use to sort my inventory back into their
            > > correct boxes.
            >
            > there's a website with no words, just pictures...
            >
            > http://www.zscale.de/default.htm
            >
            > on the left is a menue with the item numbers. There you can choose the
            > number of your boxes and you will see wich car or engine belongs to
            > that box..
            >

            > --
            > GreetingZ
            > Uwe

          • gwhackman
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31, 2010
              DH. Thank you very much. Along with yours and Uwe's reply the sunshine is again coming into my Z Life. Very Useful. It is amazing. When I closed down in 1986+/- the web was in its infancy. Now it is like Rip Van Winkle and the world is new. Thanks Terry in New Hampshire.