Re: DIY Controller

  • Garth
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010
      Hi Leigh;

      Getting 9vdc from D or C cells is a lot of weight and not a lot of capacity. If you want something big and robust use a 6vdc lantern battery. For myself I would use a 4 pack of 9vdc batteries in parallel as I have found I can run 3-5 shows with the same set of batteries before replacing or recharging them. This gives you the amperage so the draw down on the batteries is minimal and when left connected together, but not to a load, they recover a certain percentage on their own between shows. They are less weight and less restate to use this than a pack of D or C cells. To get 9vdc from a group of battery cells you need groups of 6xAA, 6xAAA, 6xC , or 6xD cells. These are all 1.4 - 1.5 vdc per cell depending on whether they are generic, alkaline, etc.

      cheerz Garth