Wish for Micron Art windows

  • jamesmacburney
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 26, 2010
      Reynard,
      Anyway I can convince you to make a Z version of your N-SCRATCH 92101-bungalow windows & doors metal etching? It would really help out on my plans on making some Bungalows/Arts and Crafts homes for my layout.
      Thanks,
      James
    • ronaldjhurley
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 26, 2010
        Better yet, how about a 1:1 version, I love these houses :)
        ron

        > Hi James,
        > Ah, a fan of the Art & Crafts movement! Well made houses,
        > rich, warm, uncluttered interiors. Very livable digs.
        >
        > Sure, I can make an A & C Zscale version of the
        > "Bungalow Windows" and I should. The N scale ones (92101)
        > are A & C style. The Z scale (91101), are more along the
        > Levittown Style of the early 1950s. The Arts & Crafts era is
        > earlier, around the 1910s.
        >
        > I'll let you know when these are available.
        > Thanks for reminding me that the Arts & Crafts idea is still
        > worth pursuing! Would that we could bring such care
        > and quality back to the designs of todays structures.
        >
        > regardZ,
        > Reynard

      • jamesmacburney
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 26, 2010
          You're my hero - thanks for my highlight of the week. Now, to just make those river rock porch pillars....
          -James

          > Hi James,
          > Ah, a fan of the Art & Crafts movement! Well made houses,
          > rich, warm, uncluttered interiors. Very livable digs.
          >
          > Sure, I can make an A & C Zscale version of the
          > "Bungalow Windows" and I should. The N scale ones (92101)
          > are A & C style. The Z scale (91101), are more along the
          > Levittown Style of the early 1950s. The Arts & Crafts era is
          > earlier, around the 1910s.
          >
          > I'll let you know when these are available.
          > Thanks for reminding me that the Arts & Crafts idea is still
          > worth pursuing! Would that we could bring such care
          > and quality back to the designs of todays structures.
          >
          > regardZ,
          > Reynard
          > http://www.micronart.com

        • Reynard Wellman
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 26, 2010

            On Feb 26, 2010, at 6:24 PM, jamesmacburney wrote:

            > Reynard,
            > Anyway I can convince you to make a Z version of your N-SCRATCH
            > 92101-bungalow windows & doors metal etching? It would really help
            > out on my plans on making some Bungalows/Arts and Crafts homes for
            > my layout.
            > Thanks,
            > James

          • ronaldjhurley
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 26, 2010
              My was built in 1780. It didn't come with central heating or a bathroom. So a few things had to be done to make it "usable" as well!
              ron

              > Hi Ron,
              > Don't get me started on 1:1 housing. I've had to
              > replace so many fixtures, walls & doors, and interior
              > items in my house that was built in the 1980s
              > just to make it usable that I might as well have built
              > the thing myself!
              >
              > It's much better now :>)
              >
              > regardZ,
              > Reynard