D51 Japanese Mikado Alert

  • Garth Hamilton
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2010
      For those interested and did not get in on the original offering I noticed
      this evening which is Friday morning in Japan, that the pictures on two more
      of the D51 models have been changed to actual pictures of the engines. The
      two models are the streamlined model with white trim along the running board
      and the standard plain jane version of the D51. These are both located on
      page 2 of the "Other Z-scale" on the Hobby Search catalogue pages. They are
      not shown as in stock yet but the changing of the picture usually indicates
      that they have been received or are on their way and will be in stock
      shortly and will show as open order items after the pre-orders are shipped.

      good hunting
      Garth

    • Garth
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2010
        This morning Hobby Search has the plain jane version of the D51 up for sale from open stock but the streamlined version is not in open stock and is showing sold out already. When I checked this morning the available version has a 20% discount showing so this is the lowest price they have sold these engines at. Under 80 dollars probably under 90.00 including shipping as they can be shipped SAL uninsured now.

        Good Hunting

        cheerz Garth

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Garth Hamilton <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:

        > For those interested and did not get in on the original offering I noticed
        > this evening which is Friday morning in Japan, that the pictures on two more
        > of the D51 models have been changed to actual pictures of the engines. The
        > two models are the streamlined model with white trim along the running board
        > and the standard plain jane version of the D51. These are both located on
        > page 2 of the "Other Z-scale" on the Hobby Search catalogue pages. They are
        > not shown as in stock yet but the changing of the picture usually indicates
        > that they have been received or are on their way and will be in stock
        > shortly and will show as open order items after the pre-orders are shipped.
        >
        > good hunting
        > Garth

      • Garth
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2010
          Sorry to report that this engine is now soldout at Hobby Search also.

          Should it restocked in about a week I should think.

          cheerz Garth