Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Selling my Z Scale Collection/ MR loco review

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
      Ed,

      I was disappointed in the review. It was highly glossed over and the author missed key points. For instance, the review stated the dimension match those published, but we all know this is not true when it comes to width. Also the author stated that the unit matches prototype photos and only lacks the yellow on the stairs. The author missed completely the blue fuel tank and couplers, both of which MTL acknowledged was an error.

      I agree with the overall feel and assumption of the review, but the two points listed above makes my question how much study the author truly put into his piece. It is still nice to see a Z scale article in MR.

      Rob

      From: Bob Mitchell <miniatureerections@...>
      Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Selling my Z Scale Collection
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 5:50 AM

      Have you contacted that chap who advertises in the classifieds of Model
      Railroader magazine?, (which, coincidentally, and, remarkably, has a product
      review of a Z loco this month!)

      Bob Mitchell

      ____________ _________ _________ __

      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
        I've lowered the start price to $6999.99 and the Buy it Now to $11,999.99 after reviewing the value of the collection.

      • Robert Toole
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
          Michael,
          Have you contacted Rob Kluz at Z Track magazine? I know he sells items but I don't know if it is on consignment.

          Robert

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 5, 2010
            Robert,

            Yes, we have setup a consignment program and currently have a large
            collection that we are offering piece by piece as such. Anyone interested in
            consigning their collection can just drop us an email off-line and we will be glad
            to discuss details.

            Rob

            Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            6142 Northcliff Blvd.
            Dublin, OH 43016
            phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
            www.ztrack.com
            www.ztrackcenter.com
            Distributor American Z Line

          • MG
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 5, 2010
              Where is this collection to be found?

              Manfred

              ztrack@... wrote:
              > Robert,
              >
              > Yes, we have setup a consignment program and currently have a large
              > collection that we are offering piece by piece as such. Anyone interested in
              > consigning their collection can just drop us an email off-line and we will be glad
              > to discuss details.
              >
              > Rob
              >

              > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
              > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
              > Dublin, OH 43016
              > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
              > www.ztrack.com
              > www.ztrackcenter.com
              > Distributor American Z Line

            • miked_r
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 5, 2010
                Thanks Rob,

                Just emailed you.

                Best,
                Michael

                > Robert,
                >
                > Yes, we have setup a consignment program and currently have a large
                > collection that we are offering piece by piece as such. Anyone interested in
                > consigning their collection can just drop us an email off-line and we will be glad
                > to discuss details.
                >
                > Rob
                >

                > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                > Dublin, OH 43016
                > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                > www.ztrack.com
                > www.ztrackcenter.com
                > Distributor American Z Line

              • Bob Mitchell
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 7, 2010
                  Well, now, there's your problem. Here are the two persons in the latest issue's classifieds:
                  Modelbahn Ott 1 800-MDL BAHN
                  Don Black, New Bern, NC 1 866 462 7277

                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 13, 2010
                    I've relisted it:

                    http://shop.ebay.com/200439345435

                    Starting price $0.99 with a reserve of course.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 24, 2010
                      Sold. Expect to see the individual pieces for sale shortly on e*ay.