Re: Selling my Z Scale Collection

  • miked_r
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
      Hi Bob,

      No I have not. Haven't read an MR in years. Would you be so kind as to forward me his information please?

      Thank you,

      Michael

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Bob Mitchell <miniatureerections@...> wrote:

      > Have you contacted that chap who advertises in the classifieds of Model Railroader magazine?, (which, coincidentally, and, remarkably, has a product review of a Z loco this month!)
      > Bob Mitchell
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Edward Scullin
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
        The article on the new MTL loco was well written but there was what I hope was a mistake in it.  They listed the current draw with the voltage at 12 volts.  They had mentioned that the loco had a 9 volt max motor.Ed Scullin

        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
          Ed,

          I was disappointed in the review. It was highly glossed over and the author missed key points. For instance, the review stated the dimension match those published, but we all know this is not true when it comes to width. Also the author stated that the unit matches prototype photos and only lacks the yellow on the stairs. The author missed completely the blue fuel tank and couplers, both of which MTL acknowledged was an error.

          I agree with the overall feel and assumption of the review, but the two points listed above makes my question how much study the author truly put into his piece. It is still nice to see a Z scale article in MR.

          Rob

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
            I've lowered the start price to $6999.99 and the Buy it Now to $11,999.99 after reviewing the value of the collection.

          • Robert Toole
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
              Michael,
              Have you contacted Rob Kluz at Z Track magazine? I know he sells items but I don't know if it is on consignment.

              Robert

              ________________________________

            • ztrack@aol.com
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 5, 2010
                Robert,

                Yes, we have setup a consignment program and currently have a large
                collection that we are offering piece by piece as such. Anyone interested in
                consigning their collection can just drop us an email off-line and we will be glad
                to discuss details.

                Rob

                Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                Dublin, OH 43016
                phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                www.ztrack.com
                www.ztrackcenter.com
                Distributor American Z Line

              • MG
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 5, 2010
                  Where is this collection to be found?

                  Manfred

                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 5, 2010
                    Thanks Rob,

                    Just emailed you.

                    Best,
                    Michael

                    > Robert,
                    >
                    > Yes, we have setup a consignment program and currently have a large
                    > collection that we are offering piece by piece as such. Anyone interested in
                    > consigning their collection can just drop us an email off-line and we will be glad
                    > to discuss details.
                    >
                    > Rob
                    >

                    > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                    > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                    > Dublin, OH 43016
                    > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                    > www.ztrack.com
                    > www.ztrackcenter.com
                    > Distributor American Z Line

                  • Bob Mitchell
                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 7, 2010
                      Well, now, there's your problem. Here are the two persons in the latest issue's classifieds:
                      Modelbahn Ott 1 800-MDL BAHN
                      Don Black, New Bern, NC 1 866 462 7277

                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 13, 2010
                        I've relisted it:

                        http://shop.ebay.com/200439345435

                        Starting price $0.99 with a reserve of course.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Feb 24, 2010
                          Sold. Expect to see the individual pieces for sale shortly on e*ay.