Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Selling my Z Scale Collection

  • Bob Mitchell
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
      Have you contacted that chap who advertises in the classifieds of Model Railroader magazine?, (which, coincidentally, and, remarkably, has a product review of a Z loco this month!)
      Bob Mitchell

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
        Hi Bob,

        No I have not. Haven't read an MR in years. Would you be so kind as to forward me his information please?

        Thank you,

        Michael

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Bob Mitchell <miniatureerections@...> wrote:

        > Have you contacted that chap who advertises in the classifieds of Model Railroader magazine?, (which, coincidentally, and, remarkably, has a product review of a Z loco this month!)
        > Bob Mitchell
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Edward Scullin
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
          The article on the new MTL loco was well written but there was what I hope was a mistake in it.  They listed the current draw with the voltage at 12 volts.  They had mentioned that the loco had a 9 volt max motor.Ed Scullin

          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
            Ed,

            I was disappointed in the review. It was highly glossed over and the author missed key points. For instance, the review stated the dimension match those published, but we all know this is not true when it comes to width. Also the author stated that the unit matches prototype photos and only lacks the yellow on the stairs. The author missed completely the blue fuel tank and couplers, both of which MTL acknowledged was an error.

            I agree with the overall feel and assumption of the review, but the two points listed above makes my question how much study the author truly put into his piece. It is still nice to see a Z scale article in MR.

            Rob

            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
              I've lowered the start price to $6999.99 and the Buy it Now to $11,999.99 after reviewing the value of the collection.

            • Robert Toole
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
                Michael,
                Have you contacted Rob Kluz at Z Track magazine? I know he sells items but I don't know if it is on consignment.

                Robert

                ________________________________

              • ztrack@aol.com
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 5, 2010
                  Robert,

                  Yes, we have setup a consignment program and currently have a large
                  collection that we are offering piece by piece as such. Anyone interested in
                  consigning their collection can just drop us an email off-line and we will be glad
                  to discuss details.

                  Rob

                  Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                  6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                  Dublin, OH 43016
                  phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                  www.ztrack.com
                  www.ztrackcenter.com
                  Distributor American Z Line

                • MG
                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 5, 2010
                    Where is this collection to be found?

                    Manfred

                    ztrack@... wrote:
                    > Robert,
                    >
                    > Yes, we have setup a consignment program and currently have a large
                    > collection that we are offering piece by piece as such. Anyone interested in
                    > consigning their collection can just drop us an email off-line and we will be glad
                    > to discuss details.
                    >
                    > Rob
                    >

                    > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                    > 6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                    > Dublin, OH 43016
                    > phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                    > www.ztrack.com
                    > www.ztrackcenter.com
                    > Distributor American Z Line

                  • miked_r
                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 5, 2010
                      Thanks Rob,

                      Just emailed you.

                      Best,
                      Michael

                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 7, 2010
                        Well, now, there's your problem. Here are the two persons in the latest issue's classifieds:
                        Modelbahn Ott 1 800-MDL BAHN
                        Don Black, New Bern, NC 1 866 462 7277

                        Message 11 of 20 , Feb 13, 2010
                          I've relisted it:

                          http://shop.ebay.com/200439345435

                          Starting price $0.99 with a reserve of course.

                          Message 12 of 20 , Feb 24, 2010
                            Sold. Expect to see the individual pieces for sale shortly on e*ay.