Problems with Yahoo Email Addresses

  • hasbro
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2010
      Karin and I have recently discovered that anyone with a yahoo address that writes to us or we write to them with attachments the email is getting sent back.

      I have many customers with Yahoo addresses who did not get their PDF file of Micro News due to this issue.

      Is anyone else having problems with Yahoo?

      Can anyone shed any light on this?

      Loren
      Z Train Things
    • John Kellett
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2010
        Loren,

        It might be size limitation how big is the attachment?  And how many emails are you sending out at once?  Sometimes one can bog down a email system by multiple emails with a large attachment.

        But, since I have your attention...  Can you get me a price on...

        6 - #535 00 000 undec cabooses
        6 - #500 00 000 undec 40' boxcars
        6 - #515 00 000 undec 40' sheathed boxcars

        And did you have anything left on the overstock sale?

        Thank you Loren.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2010
          LorenIN the past I have always received the PDF attachments.I have attached a power point thing on the Blue train in South africa.Ed S

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 3, 2010
            Any number of reasons:
            .Attachements >6MB
            .Your specific account maybe sending SPAM, unbeknownst to you
            .Other providers (cable, phone companies) can be blocking yours
            .Other Yeahoo accounts may have your mail blocked
            ....(even though you are replying to theirs)

            Yahoo does often have e-mail issues.
            (yahoo actualy 'resends' all mail to itself to retest for or virus, etc.) to that also induces delays) - according to someone VERY familiar with the inside workings.

            Note: your e-mail has "stationary" under it. This is considered HTML format as compared to Plain Text. It is also considered a graphic to some, in addition to the adverts at the bottom of your mail.

            Just so ya know . . .

            Jeff

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "hasbro" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

            > Karin and I have recently discovered that anyone with a yahoo address that writes to us or we write to them with attachments the email is getting sent back.
            >
            > I have many customers with Yahoo addresses who did not get their PDF file of Micro News due to this issue.
            >
            > Is anyone else having problems with Yahoo?
            >
            > Can anyone shed any light on this?
            >
            > Loren
            > Z Train Things

          • Don Avila
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 20, 2010
              *Loren:

              Did you ever get this solved?? How??

              ....don

              *

              --
              ...don a, Northern Ohio, USA

            • Loren Snyder
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 20, 2010
                Hi Don,
                My yahoo apparently began to work again. Just tonight I got this from
                another customer.........

                Loren, On my normal computer all my Yahoo mail has been lost and I do not
                receive new Email. On another computer all of my email is available and I
                can receive new email.. You figure it out???? Jim

                --
                ...don a, Northern Ohio, USA

              • Jack Chase
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 23, 2010
                  Good morning:
                  For the past 2 days I seem to be getting essentially no email from the Yahoo Z Group.  Is there a problem with the group or my membership?
                  Regards,
                  Jack Chase (cjc167x)