Re: [Z_Scale] Re: World's Greatest Hobby Show

  • Kez
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2010
      I've been meaning to post a "Thank you" Ell for sending along this press
      release. I'm glad we were able to be a part of it. It was a fun show. I'm
      just glad we DIDN'T fill up our whole space. At least we had some room to
      breathe! :~)

      Let's try to keep up the momentum in the coming months, and see if we can't
      continue rehabbing the old as well as building a few new, not to mention getting
      the wind farm started! And perhaps decipherable labelling for the yard switches
      so we don't have to call Rob everytime we want to pull a train out. Oh, and
      there's that polarity problem that may have burned up Justin's CP locos?

      Enough to keep us busy, I think.

      Until next time,
      Bryan

      Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:06:05 -0500

      January 26, 2010

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

      41,036 People Attend World's Greatest Hobby on Tour Breaking Previously Held
      Record Attendance

      On January 23 & 24, 2010 the World's Greatest Hobby on Tour returned to the
      Washington, DC market at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, Virginia. Total
      attendance for the weekend was
      41,036 people.

      This is believed to be the largest number of people ever to attend a model
      railroad show in North America.

      Despite the enormous crowd, operationally the show ran almost flawlessly.

      The Chantilly show broke the previous attendance record set by the World's
      Greatest Hobby on Tour show in Philadelphia, PA in January of 2009 which had a
      record attendance of just over 40,000 people.

      Show Chairman Randy Bachmann said "the Chantilly show did everything it set
      out to do - successfully introduce thousands of people to model railroading."

      The World's Greatest Hobby on Tour has now sponsored 25 shows and has had over
      600,000 people attend. For most of these people it was their first experience
      with model railroading. These shows broaden the exposure model railroading
      receives among the general public.

      The World's Greatest Hobby on Tour is a model railroad show designed to
      introduce the general public to the hobby in an exciting, family-oriented
      atmosphere. Each show includes all the leading manufacturers, hobby shops,
      operating displays, interactive activities, a Thomas the Tank Engine riding
      train for kids, workshops and provides an in-person introduction to the World's
      Greatest Hobby: model railroading.