Selling my Z Scale Collection

  • miked_r
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 26, 2010
      Hi Folks,

      Time has been my biggest enemy and my job is about to get a lot more intense. My 4 year old will soon be 5 and he has no real interest in trains.

      I have a decent sized collection of Z Scale worth at least US$12,000.00

      I will take $10,000, no less.

      Included are FR, Z-Thek, AZL GP-7, MTL, Marklin locomotives and over 140 pieces of rolling stock.

      I am willing to sell it all including track, and if you are local or willing to drive to New York, my Z Bend undecorated module.

      Before I put it on E**y, i wanted to offer it here.

      I have no desire to piece it all out as I have no time.

      I have photos of the sides of all boxes which can be seen here:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/miked_r/sets/72157623292290738/

      View the images at 100%

      I will document it all shortly and make that list available.

      Much has been bough directly from Anthony at Z Scale Monster, direct from Harald at FR and off of the auction sites or at train shows. I am a runner, not collector.

      I co-founded the Tri-State Z Scalers in New York, New Jersey & Connecticut and I will still attend shows from time to time.

      I will also throw in some top-notch buildings and some Gray Bros. vehicles.

      There will be MTL track as well and I will even throw in my Z Bend module (straight, 5 1/2 feet) if you are willing to pick it up or pay extra freight.

      Thanks,

      Michael
      Plainview (once Great Neck), New York
    • Michael Hilliard
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 27, 2010
        I'll make a offer of $500. for your NH boxcab if you'll ablige me. I can't say more at this time since I'm not sure if I'm heading N or S. My dad is in the hospital, I may miss the train show as a result. Enough for now. Please consider my offer.

        Michael Hilliard

        P.S. Michael Rubin is a very reputable person.

        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 27, 2010
          Good luck to your dad, hope he'll get well and out of the hospital soon, but most of all in good condition.

          Gert

          To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
          From: mchwilton@...
          Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:11:18 -0800
          Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Selling my Z Scale Collection

          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 27, 2010
            Hi Michael,

            We can talk after things settle down.

            I called last night-let me know how dad is doing and if you need me to do anything regarding the show.

            Michael

            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 27, 2010
              I should mention that it is all North American and I prefer to sell it as one lot.

              Also, if you click on any picture you can choose to see original size where you can read every box and description (except the Pennzee and the Uncle Will's stuff-you'll know the road name, just not which type of car it is).

              I will be in West Springfield, Mass this weekend at the Amherst Train show at the Big E if anyone wants to see the stock.

              Thanks,

              Michael

              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 28, 2010
                Please email me if you'd like the list in Excel.

                Thanks,

                Michael

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "miked_r" <miked_r@...> wrote:

                > I should mention that it is all North American and I prefer to sell it as one lot.
                >
                > Also, if you click on any picture you can choose to see original size where you can read every box and description (except the Pennzee and the Uncle Will's stuff-you'll know the road name, just not which type of car it is).
                >
                > I will be in West Springfield, Mass this weekend at the Amherst Train show at the Big E if anyone wants to see the stock.
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Michael
                >
                > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "miked_r" <miked_r@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Folks,
                > >
                > > Time has been my biggest enemy and my job is about to get a lot more intense. My 4 year old will soon be 5 and he has no real interest in trains.
                > >
                > > I have a decent sized collection of Z Scale worth at least US$12,000.00
                > >
                > > I will take $10,000, no less.
                > >
                > > Included are FR, Z-Thek, AZL GP-7, MTL, Marklin locomotives and over 140 pieces of rolling stock.
                > >
                > > I am willing to sell it all including track, and if you are local or willing to drive to New York, my Z Bend undecorated module.
                > >
                > > Before I put it on E**y, i wanted to offer it here.
                > >
                > > I have no desire to piece it all out as I have no time.
                > >
                > > I have photos of the sides of all boxes which can be seen here:
                > >
                > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/miked_r/sets/72157623292290738/
                > >
                > > View the images at 100%
                > >
                > > I will document it all shortly and make that list available.
                > >
                > > Much has been bough directly from Anthony at Z Scale Monster, direct from Harald at FR and off of the auction sites or at train shows. I am a runner, not collector.
                > >
                > > I co-founded the Tri-State Z Scalers in New York, New Jersey & Connecticut and I will still attend shows from time to time.
                > >
                > > I will also throw in some top-notch buildings and some Gray Bros. vehicles.
                > >
                > > There will be MTL track as well and I will even throw in my Z Bend module (straight, 5 1/2 feet) if you are willing to pick it up or pay extra freight.
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > >
                > > Michael
                > > Plainview (once Great Neck), New York

              • Edward Scullin
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 29, 2010
                  MikeI would like a copyTIAEd Scullin

                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 3, 2010
                    Thanks to those who requested the list or downloaded it off of Trainboard.

                    I have decided to put the collection up for auction with a starting price of $7999.99. That's $2000 less than my initial offering. If it does not sell as one collection then i may consider selling it in blocks. There has been a lot of interest in decent sized chunks.

                    Thanks,

                    Michael

                    --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Edward Scullin <sculline@...> wrote:

                    > MikeI would like a copyTIAEd Scullin

                  • Bob Mitchell
                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
                      Have you contacted that chap who advertises in the classifieds of Model Railroader magazine?, (which, coincidentally, and, remarkably, has a product review of a Z loco this month!)
                      Bob Mitchell

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
                        Hi Bob,

                        No I have not. Haven't read an MR in years. Would you be so kind as to forward me his information please?

                        Thank you,

                        Michael

                        Message 11 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
                          The article on the new MTL loco was well written but there was what I hope was a mistake in it.  They listed the current draw with the voltage at 12 volts.  They had mentioned that the loco had a 9 volt max motor.Ed Scullin

                          Message 12 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
                            Ed,

                            I was disappointed in the review. It was highly glossed over and the author missed key points. For instance, the review stated the dimension match those published, but we all know this is not true when it comes to width. Also the author stated that the unit matches prototype photos and only lacks the yellow on the stairs. The author missed completely the blue fuel tank and couplers, both of which MTL acknowledged was an error.

                            I agree with the overall feel and assumption of the review, but the two points listed above makes my question how much study the author truly put into his piece. It is still nice to see a Z scale article in MR.

                            Rob

                            Message 13 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
                              I've lowered the start price to $6999.99 and the Buy it Now to $11,999.99 after reviewing the value of the collection.

                            • Robert Toole
                              Message 14 of 20 , Feb 4, 2010
                                Michael,
                                Have you contacted Rob Kluz at Z Track magazine? I know he sells items but I don't know if it is on consignment.

                                Robert

                                ________________________________

                              • ztrack@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 20 , Feb 5, 2010
                                  Robert,

                                  Yes, we have setup a consignment program and currently have a large
                                  collection that we are offering piece by piece as such. Anyone interested in
                                  consigning their collection can just drop us an email off-line and we will be glad
                                  to discuss details.

                                  Rob

                                  Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                                  6142 Northcliff Blvd.
                                  Dublin, OH 43016
                                  phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
                                  www.ztrack.com
                                  www.ztrackcenter.com
                                  Distributor American Z Line

                                • MG
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Feb 5, 2010
                                    Where is this collection to be found?

                                    Manfred

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Feb 5, 2010
                                      Thanks Rob,

                                      Just emailed you.

                                      Best,
                                      Michael

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Feb 7, 2010
                                        Well, now, there's your problem. Here are the two persons in the latest issue's classifieds:
                                        Modelbahn Ott 1 800-MDL BAHN
                                        Don Black, New Bern, NC 1 866 462 7277

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Feb 13, 2010
                                          I've relisted it:

                                          http://shop.ebay.com/200439345435

                                          Starting price $0.99 with a reserve of course.

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Feb 24, 2010
                                            Sold. Expect to see the individual pieces for sale shortly on e*ay.