RE: [Z_Scale] marklin bring back the zeppelin

  • Don Avila
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2010
      *Looks as if it is $179.95 Euros List Price per the 2010 Marklin catalog.

      ...don*

    • Melissa Cull
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2010
        ThankZ Uwe and Don,

        Most helpful. Now that is very tempting to get another rail Zeppelin - one
        of my favourite unusual locomotives on a par with the GWR Flying Banana
        Railcar of the UK.

        Kind RegardZ

        Melissa
        UK
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 24, 2010
          Hello Melissa,

          > that is very tempting to get another rail Zeppelin - one

          the difference should be that the new one got the 5 pole motor, and
          the old one was really silver plated...

          Besides... if you look here:

          http://catalog.lokshop.de/MAR/2010.News/D/image_35.html

          this shows the same catalogue for H0. They also get the Railzeppelin
          this year, but note the wrong wheel sets. The original only had two
          axles, but what else could they do to hide the power pick up for the
          motor...

          In Z we got the true-to-original version:

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schienenzeppelin

          --
          GreetingZ
          Uwe