Re: [Z_Scale] marklin bring back the zeppelin

  • Uwe Liermann
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 22, 2010
      Hello Melissa,

      > That is great news. How much is a new Zeppelin going to cost then?

      In the catalog it says 179,95 Euro.

      Here's the complete catalog as PDF files (one file for each page):

      http://catalog.lokshop.de/MAR/2010.News/D/index.html

      starting here is Z-scale:

      http://catalog.lokshop.de/MAR/2010.News/D/image_136.html

      and here are the prices:

      http://catalog.lokshop.de/MAR/2010.News/D/image_181.html

      --
      GreetingZ
      Uwe
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 22, 2010
        *Looks as if it is $179.95 Euros List Price per the 2010 Marklin catalog.

        ...don*

      • Melissa Cull
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 24, 2010
          ThankZ Uwe and Don,

          Most helpful. Now that is very tempting to get another rail Zeppelin - one
          of my favourite unusual locomotives on a par with the GWR Flying Banana
          Railcar of the UK.

          Kind RegardZ

          Melissa
          UK

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 24, 2010
            Hello Melissa,

            > that is very tempting to get another rail Zeppelin - one

            the difference should be that the new one got the 5 pole motor, and
            the old one was really silver plated...

            Besides... if you look here:

            http://catalog.lokshop.de/MAR/2010.News/D/image_35.html

            this shows the same catalogue for H0. They also get the Railzeppelin
            this year, but note the wrong wheel sets. The original only had two
            axles, but what else could they do to hide the power pick up for the
            motor...

            In Z we got the true-to-original version:

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schienenzeppelin

            --
            GreetingZ
            Uwe