Back into Z after long absence

  • Flayrah
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2010
      After many years of not modeling at all, I am starting to get back into Z. So this is not my first post, but my first in over 5 years..... Hello to anyone who remembers me!

      In the past few weeks I've been researching the current 'state of Z', and many things have changed, with some exciting new products and heightened interest in the hobby. Very surprised to read Marklin may be in serious trouble.

      When I stopped modeling, I sold everything I had, so now I'm starting from scratch. Can anyone direct me to the 'best price' on the Marklin 88075 Vanderbilt? And are there still any of the solar briefcase sets around? For a while they were flooding the market and I had no interest in them - now they're exactly what I need and I can't find one anywhere.

      Thanks to all and good to be back!
    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2010
        Welcome back to Z! Yes, a LOT has changed in the past 5 years. Z is very
        much a different scale now. AZL, MTL and Full Throttle continue to push the
        scale and release just an amazing selection of new locomotives and rolling
        stock. It is get much easier to find your favorite road name in the scale. It
        is just an amazing time.

        I did a quick search of a few dealers that advertise in Ztrack. I found the
        Commodore at Casa Royale and Reynaulds Euro Imports. Here are the links:

        http://www.z-scale.net/home.html
        http://www.reynaulds.com/catalog/dept_117.aspx

        I am not sure about the briefcase layout. I have not seen one listed for a
        while.

        Rob

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016
        phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
        www.ztrack.com
        www.ztrackcenter.com
        Distributor American Z Line

      • Jack Chase
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2010
          Good morning & welcome back to Z scale,
          It is truly an amazing time in Z--all one needs is the cash to support the many fine models!
          For a briefcase layout, I suggest contacting Tony Brucia at tonyb@... to discuss one of the models that he builds.  He has done several for various people and he does a terrific job with them.  To my knowledge he has not done a solar briefcase.
          Regards,
          Jack Chase