Re: Figures

  • misszscale
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 8, 2010
      I saw pics of your amusement park layout. Fabulous! Loved it!

      Rubber cement can be thinned to the consistency of water. When used that way, if you pass your finger over it you can barely feel it is there.

      I've used it a lot in graphic design and it lifts off completely with a rubber cement pick-up without a trace. Except it leaves a stain on some papers. And that's the problem. I'm using certain coated papers in some areas.

      White glue wouldn't work directly on the paper but the clear sticky acetate would be fine. Thanks for the idea.

      Eileen

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Karin E. Snyder" <ladyrejoicer@...> wrote:

      > I use white glue to mount mine because all you have to do to remove them is
      > to dampen it, and maybe not even that. Another method some of us like is to
      > use a small square or circle of clear acetate, aka transparency plastic,
      > (about the size of a hole punch circle)and use white glue to afix the feet
      > to it. If you don't want the shiny then spray it first with Dullcote. I
      > find this very helpful. But on my large amusement park layout, where I
      > mounted several hundred Preiser folk I liked the white glue best because it
      > dries a dull clear. CA glue is permanent and too shiny for my taste.
      > Rubber cement would be too blobbed for close macro pix.

    • Loren Snyder
      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 9, 2010
        Eileen,
        I have some white sticky wax I use in my dental lab. It works exactly like
        the florist's wax, only I'll send you some free if you want some.
        Let me know.
        Loren

        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 10, 2010
          Loren,
          Is that like museum wax? That stuff is used to hold art objects in place in case of an earthquake.
          Robert

          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 10, 2010
            Don't know. But it sure is sticky. It would sure hold Z scale people in
            place.

            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 10, 2010
              Thanks, Loren. I appreciate your offer. Wax leaves a little faint dark spot on my sidewalks when it is removed. My sidewalks are a paper composition and I would love to spray them with acrylic to seal them but I like the texture and so want to leave them alone.

              Eileen