Re: [Z_Scale] Figures

  • donfedjur@aol.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 8, 2010
      Glue some tiny Neobendyum magnets to the base of the figures...........use conductive/metalized "magnetic" paint where you place them, move as you wish.

      Don

      Message 2 of 20 , Jan 8, 2010
        Don,
        That won't work - it will mess up all the z-scale computers in the
        office buildings. ;-}

        - Rick Saviano

        donfedjur@... wrote:
        > Glue some tiny Neobendyum magnets to the base of the figures...........use conductive/metalized "magnetic" paint where you place them, move as you wish.
        >

        > Don

      • misszscale
        Message 3 of 20 , Jan 8, 2010
          LOL! Just what I need... a complete repaint!

          Eileen

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, donfedjur@... wrote:

          > Glue some tiny Neobendyum magnets to the base of the figures...........use conductive/metalized "magnetic" paint where you place them, move as you wish.
          >

          > Don

        • misszscale
          Message 4 of 20 , Jan 8, 2010
            Thanks, Ray. That's a good idea as long as the wax doesn't stain when it is warm. I can try it out on a scrap.

            Eileen

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Ray Cannon" <racy2@...> wrote:

            > Hi Eileen,
            >
            > Go to a store selling crafts items - Michael's, A.C. Moore etc.
            >
            > Ask for a wax product florists use - florists' wax or something like that.
            > You really don't have to know much about it. Just a small dab on the base of
            > a figure will hold it in place - and it's still moveable.
            >
            > Ray

          • misszscale
            Message 5 of 20 , Jan 8, 2010
              Ah! Like silicone. I'll try it. Thanks!

              Eileen

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Creighton Sr <bigtrain6@...> wrote:

              > I use clear bathtub caulk, it hold good and if you have to move something it comes  up easy and  remove easy for replacement of fresh caulk to its new location. Tom Creighton Sr.
              >

              > ________________________________

            • misszscale
              Message 6 of 20 , Jan 8, 2010
                I saw pics of your amusement park layout. Fabulous! Loved it!

                Rubber cement can be thinned to the consistency of water. When used that way, if you pass your finger over it you can barely feel it is there.

                I've used it a lot in graphic design and it lifts off completely with a rubber cement pick-up without a trace. Except it leaves a stain on some papers. And that's the problem. I'm using certain coated papers in some areas.

                White glue wouldn't work directly on the paper but the clear sticky acetate would be fine. Thanks for the idea.

                Eileen

                --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Karin E. Snyder" <ladyrejoicer@...> wrote:

                > I use white glue to mount mine because all you have to do to remove them is
                > to dampen it, and maybe not even that. Another method some of us like is to
                > use a small square or circle of clear acetate, aka transparency plastic,
                > (about the size of a hole punch circle)and use white glue to afix the feet
                > to it. If you don't want the shiny then spray it first with Dullcote. I
                > find this very helpful. But on my large amusement park layout, where I
                > mounted several hundred Preiser folk I liked the white glue best because it
                > dries a dull clear. CA glue is permanent and too shiny for my taste.
                > Rubber cement would be too blobbed for close macro pix.

              • Loren Snyder
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 9, 2010
                  Eileen,
                  I have some white sticky wax I use in my dental lab. It works exactly like
                  the florist's wax, only I'll send you some free if you want some.
                  Let me know.
                  Loren

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 10, 2010
                    Loren,
                    Is that like museum wax? That stuff is used to hold art objects in place in case of an earthquake.
                    Robert

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 10, 2010
                      Don't know. But it sure is sticky. It would sure hold Z scale people in
                      place.

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 10, 2010
                        Thanks, Loren. I appreciate your offer. Wax leaves a little faint dark spot on my sidewalks when it is removed. My sidewalks are a paper composition and I would love to spray them with acrylic to seal them but I like the texture and so want to leave them alone.

                        Eileen