Re: [Z_Scale] New Coaling Tower Track Spacing

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2009
      Hello John,
      As long as you don't try to install the facility over
      curved track, I'm sure that you can run 1 inch spacing under the tower
      if that is your preference. From calculations of the actual tracks
      at this point in Northern Illinois under this structure the
      spacing is 14 feet, 8 inches, which works out to 0.80 in Z scale.
      Also, this structure was built during the heyday of the
      steam era but survives today with enormous diesels hauling
      double stack container cars running under it.

      BTW, in HO scale many folks use 2 inch spacing along
      the straight sections of the their mainlines, which works out
      to 14 feet, 6 inches.

      1 inch spacing in Z scale is a whopping 18 feet, 4 inches.

      best regardZ,
      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com