New Coaling Tower Track Spacing

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
      I am providing this link for those who plan to install the new
      Micron Art coaling tower coming out within the next two months:

      http://www.micronart.com/on_the_drawing_board.html

      Thanks for your attention.

      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com
    • John Duino
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2009
        Most of us modulators run 1" spacing on our mainlines (when they're running parallel). Is there a particular reason behind having only 0.8"?

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2009
          Hello John,
          As long as you don't try to install the facility over
          curved track, I'm sure that you can run 1 inch spacing under the tower
          if that is your preference. From calculations of the actual tracks
          at this point in Northern Illinois under this structure the
          spacing is 14 feet, 8 inches, which works out to 0.80 in Z scale.
          Also, this structure was built during the heyday of the
          steam era but survives today with enormous diesels hauling
          double stack container cars running under it.

          BTW, in HO scale many folks use 2 inch spacing along
          the straight sections of the their mainlines, which works out
          to 14 feet, 6 inches.

          1 inch spacing in Z scale is a whopping 18 feet, 4 inches.

          best regardZ,
          Reynard
          http://www.micronart.com