Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Wheelsets

  • Don Avila
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
      Which is the "better" wheel. Bias answers accepted.

      ...don

      On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Garth <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:

      > Z-scale Monster has two suppliers of Metal wheel sets designed to replace
      > Micro trains z-scale 33 inch delrin wheel sets. The first supplier was FVM
      > (Fox Valley Models) in various quantities up to 100 axles. Second supplier
      > Uncle Will (Bowser) in various pairs quantities up to 48 pairs.
      >
      > cheerz Garth
      >

      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <z_scale%40yahoogroups.com>, "Graham"
      > <zclubgb@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > All
      > >
      > > Can anyone tell me who supplies the metal wheelsets I picked up on in
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Graham
      > > The mad English z scaler

      ...don a, Northern Ohio, USA

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
        Don,
        I have not purchased any of the FVM wheels, but from what i have heard,
        they are nice. I have purchased 24 sets of the FT/Bowser trucks and just
        experimented with putting their wheels in MT trucks, and they work nice, also.
        If I replace any MT wheelsets, I will probably go with the FT just for cons
        istency of appearance with the wheels in their trucks. The pricing on the
        two is fairly comparable until you get into higher quantities, then the FT
        sets become less expensive. Both appear to be very nice wheels, and my
        personal experience with the FT wheels has been excellent.
        Dan S.

        In a message dated 12/3/2009 6:08:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        zbarr474@... writes:

        Which is the "better" wheel. Bias answers accepted.

        ...don

      • sj_baz_man
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
          I've used the FVM and they fit perfectly if not slightly better but the ROLL! After putting in 4 into the heavy MTL Gunderson with containers, it FREELY rolled BY ITSELF. A nudge was good for a few feet.

          Haven't tried Will's Wheels yet, they just came out.

          Jeff
          SF Bay Area Z

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:

          > Which is the "better" wheel. Bias answers accepted.
          >
          > ...don
          >

          > On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Garth <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:
          >

          > > Z-scale Monster has two suppliers of Metal wheel sets designed to replace
          > > Micro trains z-scale 33 inch delrin wheel sets. The first supplier was FVM
          > > (Fox Valley Models) in various quantities up to 100 axles. Second supplier
          > > Uncle Will (Bowser) in various pairs quantities up to 48 pairs.
          > >
          > > cheerz Garth
          > >

          > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <z_scale%40yahoogroups.com>, "Graham"
          > > <zclubgb@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > All
          > > >
          > > > Can anyone tell me who supplies the metal wheelsets I picked up on in
          > > >
          > > > Thanks
          > > >
          > > > Graham
          > > > The mad English z scaler

          > --
          > ...don a, Northern Ohio, USA

        • Garth
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
            Don not have my first order of Uncle Wills yet but I have 200 of the FVM and was quite pleased with those.

            cheerz Garth

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:

            > Which is the "better" wheel. Bias answers accepted.
            >
            > ...don
            >

            > On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Garth <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:
            >

            > > Z-scale Monster has two suppliers of Metal wheel sets designed to replace
            > > Micro trains z-scale 33 inch delrin wheel sets. The first supplier was FVM
            > > (Fox Valley Models) in various quantities up to 100 axles. Second supplier
            > > Uncle Will (Bowser) in various pairs quantities up to 48 pairs.
            > >
            > > cheerz Garth

          • Graham
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
              Many thanks for the info