Re: Wheelsets

  • Garth
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
      Z-scale Monster has two suppliers of Metal wheel sets designed to replace Micro trains z-scale 33 inch delrin wheel sets. The first supplier was FVM (Fox Valley Models) in various quantities up to 100 axles. Second supplier Uncle Will (Bowser) in various pairs quantities up to 48 pairs.

      cheerz Garth

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Graham" <zclubgb@...> wrote:

      > All
      >
      > Can anyone tell me who supplies the metal wheelsets I picked up on in
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Graham
      > The mad English z scaler

    • Don Avila
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
        Which is the "better" wheel. Bias answers accepted.

        ...don

        On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Garth <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:

        > Z-scale Monster has two suppliers of Metal wheel sets designed to replace
        > Micro trains z-scale 33 inch delrin wheel sets. The first supplier was FVM
        > (Fox Valley Models) in various quantities up to 100 axles. Second supplier
        > Uncle Will (Bowser) in various pairs quantities up to 48 pairs.
        >
        > cheerz Garth
        >

        > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <z_scale%40yahoogroups.com>, "Graham"
        > <zclubgb@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > All
        > >
        > > Can anyone tell me who supplies the metal wheelsets I picked up on in
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > Graham
        > > The mad English z scaler

        ...don a, Northern Ohio, USA

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
          Don,
          I have not purchased any of the FVM wheels, but from what i have heard,
          they are nice. I have purchased 24 sets of the FT/Bowser trucks and just
          experimented with putting their wheels in MT trucks, and they work nice, also.
          If I replace any MT wheelsets, I will probably go with the FT just for cons
          istency of appearance with the wheels in their trucks. The pricing on the
          two is fairly comparable until you get into higher quantities, then the FT
          sets become less expensive. Both appear to be very nice wheels, and my
          personal experience with the FT wheels has been excellent.
          Dan S.

          In a message dated 12/3/2009 6:08:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          zbarr474@... writes:

          Which is the "better" wheel. Bias answers accepted.

          ...don

        • sj_baz_man
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
            I've used the FVM and they fit perfectly if not slightly better but the ROLL! After putting in 4 into the heavy MTL Gunderson with containers, it FREELY rolled BY ITSELF. A nudge was good for a few feet.

            Haven't tried Will's Wheels yet, they just came out.

            Jeff
            SF Bay Area Z

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:

            > Which is the "better" wheel. Bias answers accepted.
            >
            > ...don
            >

            > On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Garth <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:
            >

            > > Z-scale Monster has two suppliers of Metal wheel sets designed to replace
            > > Micro trains z-scale 33 inch delrin wheel sets. The first supplier was FVM
            > > (Fox Valley Models) in various quantities up to 100 axles. Second supplier
            > > Uncle Will (Bowser) in various pairs quantities up to 48 pairs.
            > >
            > > cheerz Garth
            > >

            > > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com <z_scale%40yahoogroups.com>, "Graham"
            > > <zclubgb@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > All
            > > >
            > > > Can anyone tell me who supplies the metal wheelsets I picked up on in
            > > >
            > > > Thanks
            > > >
            > > > Graham
            > > > The mad English z scaler

            > --
            > ...don a, Northern Ohio, USA

          • Garth
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 3, 2009
              Don not have my first order of Uncle Wills yet but I have 200 of the FVM and was quite pleased with those.

              cheerz Garth

              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Don Avila <zbarr474@...> wrote:

              > Which is the "better" wheel. Bias answers accepted.
              >
              > ...don
              >

              > On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Garth <garth.a.hamilton@...> wrote:
              >

              > > Z-scale Monster has two suppliers of Metal wheel sets designed to replace
              > > Micro trains z-scale 33 inch delrin wheel sets. The first supplier was FVM
              > > (Fox Valley Models) in various quantities up to 100 axles. Second supplier
              > > Uncle Will (Bowser) in various pairs quantities up to 48 pairs.
              > >
              > > cheerz Garth

            • Graham
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 4, 2009
                Many thanks for the info