Re: [Z_Scale] Re: eBay layout now 30K

  • Steve Piwnica
    Message 1 of 68 , Dec 2, 2009
      what was he trying to do, get a high insurance appraisal?  Corruption is even hitting the Z community!

      by the way, if I'm using the zthek controller to run my trains on a small protable layout, what can I use to power the switches and lights?  Right now I'm hooking the layout up to my marklin power pack for the switches and lights, which seems to defeat the beauty of using those zthek controllers.  If I'm being dense and there's an obvious answer . . .

      Thanks much,
      Steve

      From: zrunner246
      Date: 12/2/2009 4:28:42 PM
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups .com
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: eBay layout now 30K

      Maybe the following, sent to me on 25th Nov. after I purchased a rerailer
      from this guy, will shed some light on this issue:-
      "Peter, please do me a favor. Could you please make a bid or two, on the
      train layout. Yes, it is mine. I had a good friend of mine, design this
      layout for me. This is in my house. It was completed two days ago, in fact
      The guy had asked me to list the layout on EBAY, and put a very high
      reserve on it, so no one would win it. I'm not really selling it, but just
      checking to see how high the bids would go, out of curiosity. Please make a
      few bids, one starting at $10,000.00 and then another bid, a few days later,
      for $12,500.00 You have my word, you won't hit the reserve. If you are
      able to, make a third bid, maybe 2 days before it ends, and go to $15,000.00
      I would really appreciate this, very much. Thanks.

      Cheers,

      Allan"

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups .com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@.. .> wrote:

      > Well, whether is is Mr. or just senator, I don't care.......but could you
      do
      > something about lowering our taxes so we could all buy more Z scale?
      > Loren

    • David K. Smith
      Message 68 of 68 , Dec 9, 2009
        Either it didn't sell, or there's another Billy Boy up for grabs.

        --David
        http://jamesriverbranch.net/
        http://1-220.blogspot.com/