Re: eBay layout now 30K

  • zrunner246
    Message 1 of 68 , Dec 2, 2009
      Maybe the following, sent to me on 25th Nov. after I purchased a rerailer from this guy, will shed some light on this issue:-
      "Peter, please do me a favor. Could you please make a bid or two, on the train layout. Yes, it is mine. I had a good friend of mine, design this layout for me. This is in my house. It was completed two days ago, in fact. The guy had asked me to list the layout on EBAY, and put a very high reserve on it, so no one would win it. I'm not really selling it, but just checking to see how high the bids would go, out of curiosity. Please make a few bids, one starting at $10,000.00 and then another bid, a few days later, for $12,500.00 You have my word, you won't hit the reserve. If you are able to, make a third bid, maybe 2 days before it ends, and go to $15,000.00 I would really appreciate this, very much. Thanks.

      Cheers,
      Allan"

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Loren" <ljsnyder@...> wrote:

      > Well, whether is is Mr. or just senator, I don't care.......but could you do
      > something about lowering our taxes so we could all buy more Z scale?
      > Loren

    • David K. Smith
      Message 68 of 68 , Dec 9, 2009
        Either it didn't sell, or there's another Billy Boy up for grabs.

        --David
        http://jamesriverbranch.net/
        http://1-220.blogspot.com/