Re: Fastening MTL MicroTrack to luan plywood top

  • sj_baz_man
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 30, 2009
      David,
      The Walthers brand Goo takes a minute or two, not instant like the classic paint both parts and let them dry then pray that you even touch any given spot correctly. The Goo is much more forgiving. True, it's not anywhere near as slow as say white/yellow glue or any kind of caulking/construction adhesive. but it also is not as solid secure as CA oe classic contact cement and *can* be persuaded to be somewhat moved several minutes later. Just pin it in the position so that all the stresses can stabilize as it cures over longer term.

      I like to have a little more set time but also have used CA for the vast majority of my track laying with MTL flex. For the longer Peco/Märklin flex, yellow glue is cheap and best, using simple push pins to keep it in place until it sets, usually about 30-60 minutes.

      Jeff
      SF Bay Area Z