Off topic

  • DaleHalterman
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 23, 2009
      A few days ago I was reading an article about Gray Foxes in our area. The article stated that a female fox is called a vixon and the male a reynard. Does this make Mr. Wellman a sly old fox? Dale

    • Loren
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 23, 2009
        Dale,
        I'd say 'yes' but then that makes his wife a "foxy lady", no?

        > A few days ago I was reading an article about Gray Foxes in our area. The
        > article stated that a female fox is called a vixon and the male a reynard.
        > Does this make Mr. Wellman a sly old fox? Dale
      • Alan Cox
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 24, 2009
          On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 20:04:12 -0500
          "DaleHalterman" <dnhalt@...> wrote:

          > A few days ago I was reading an article about Gray Foxes in our area. The article stated that a female fox is called a vixon and the male a reynard. Does this make Mr. Wellman a sly old fox? Dale

          Reynard the Fox is a character from folklore with a lot of associated
          stories as well as a very long John Masefield poem.
        • Melissa Cull
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 24, 2009
            Hi Reynard,

            Is it you then that is the handsome star of the advert for Foxy Bingo
            .com:-)

            How long until your Z Scale gandy dancer is out, the N Scale looks fabulous
            on your website??

            Kind RegardZ

            Melissa
            UK
          • Reynard Wellman
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 24, 2009
              Bonjour Dale,

              I was sleeping under a log, avoiding the hounds when you
              must have posted your observation last night. More of a
              shy old fox than a sly one, none-the-less the vixens at my
              local Starbucks call me "Rey-rey", a curious moniker as well.

              For Micron Art all local shipping (USA only) will be free from
              Nov 28 to Dec 31 2009. Order shipping fees will be rebated via
              PayPal as fast as possible. (See how I slyly slipped a promotion
              blurb onto this "Off topic" conversation...)

              BTW, US "Zeppelin" stamps are worth a fortune, used or mint.
              O the humanity!

              best regardZ,
              Reynard

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 24, 2009
                Hi Reynard,

                Thanks for the link the Handcar looks great, it's on my to get soon list.

                Any plans to bring out a really creepy old style horse drawn hearse? I'm
                looking for one for my haunted scene:-)

                Kind RegardZ

                Melissa
                UK

                Hello Melissa,
                Zee Z scale Gandy Dancer's Handcar wagon is out
                and available:
                http://www.micronart.com/1013_ZHandcar.html

                The shovels are ready to dig and the dancers, though
                worn out from the day before, will rhythmically re-gauge
                those lost dog rails ---

                warm regardZ,
                Reynard
                http://www.micronart.com
              • Reynard Wellman
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 24, 2009

                  On Nov 24, 2009, at 5:28 AM, Melissa Cull wrote:

                  > Hi Reynard,
                  >
                  > Is it you then that is the handsome star of the advert for Foxy Bingo
                  > .com:-)
                  >
                  > How long until your Z Scale gandy dancer is out, the N Scale looks
                  > fabulous
                  > on your website??
                  >
                  > Kind RegardZ
                  >
                  > Melissa
                  > UK

                • Alan Cox
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 24, 2009
                    On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:51:56 -0000
                    "Melissa Cull" <melissa.cull@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Reynard,
                    >
                    > Thanks for the link the Handcar looks great, it's on my to get soon list.
                    >
                    > Any plans to bring out a really creepy old style horse drawn hearse? I'm
                    > looking for one for my haunted scene:-)

                    http://www.coyaltix.com/hearse.html

                    has a nice set of pictures if you fancy scratchbuilding one, or
                    converting something.
                  • Reynard Wellman
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 24, 2009
                      Hi Melissa,
                      I have no plans for more horse drawn vehicles, as
                      charming or creepy as they might be. If anything,
                      I will most likely attempt more varieties of late 20s 30s
                      automobiles and trucks and some luxury vehicles as well.

                      best regardZ,
                      Reynard
                      On Nov 24, 2009, at 7:51 AM, Melissa Cull wrote:

                      > Hi Reynard,
                      >
                      > Thanks for the link the Handcar looks great, it's on my to get soon
                      > list.
                      >
                      > Any plans to bring out a really creepy old style horse drawn
                      > hearse? I'm
                      > looking for one for my haunted scene:-)
                      >
                      > Kind RegardZ
                      >
                      > Melissa
                      > UK
                      >
                      > Hello Melissa,
                      > Zee Z scale Gandy Dancer's Handcar wagon is out
                      > and available:
                      > http://www.micronart.com/1013_ZHandcar.html
                      >
                      > The shovels are ready to dig and the dancers, though
                      > worn out from the day before, will rhythmically re-gauge
                      > those lost dog rails ---
                      >
                      > warm regardZ,
                      > Reynard
                      > http://www.micronart.com

                    • Melissa Cull
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 2, 2009
                        H i Allan,

                        Thanks for the link, that's the sort of thing I'm looking for. Although I
                        think etching or laser cutting is required for the frilly bits?

                        Kind RegardZ

                        Melissa
                        UK

                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 2, 2009
                          Hi Reynard,

                          Well if you ever change your mind put me down for a couple of creepy gothic
                          horse drawn hearses:-)

                          Any plans for road steam lorries / traction engines or some of the cars with
                          the pointy wings?

                          I'm sure whatever you next produce will be going on my shopping list for
                          vehicles as they are so detailed. 2010 is my year for starting to purchase
                          the vehicles and accessories on my shopping list.

                          Kind RegardZ

                          Melissa
                          UK

                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 2, 2009
                            Hi Melissa,
                            More new vehicles are slated for 2010 in 3 scales.
                            Prices will be about the same or less because the
                            volume of sales in this category has been so much greater
                            for them than for the structures.

                            Look for a new Concord Stage and Horse-drawn
                            Fire Apparatus. These are both very elaborate
                            mechanisms and it is taking time to perfect the
                            ease of build-ability for them.

                            Thanks for encouraging my ventures into olde-timey
                            offerings. I believe that photo-etch is the most
                            cost-effective way to create these highly detailed (non-lumpy
                            looking) items.

                            warm regardZ,
                            Reynard
                            http://www.micronart.com