Re: Ztrains.com: November Z Scale Basics Article

  • rgminutillo
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2009
      Interesting piece. I haven't combined track in any permanent layout, but I have some 'temporary' layouts that use moth MTL and Marklin track. I found that IBL's roadbed is a useful base for the unadorned Marklin track, and after reading your piece I measured the IBL. Of course it's soft and a little variable, but I get around .090", just a smidge taller that your recommendation. The realistic color of the IBM roadbed makes the flat gray of the MTL look even worse, though... Gotta paint one or the other.

      As for filing, I haven't fount it necessary on my temporary layouts.

      RGM