Wish I could find pig engine or just the shell fair price

  • thomasc600
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
      The pig engine is good luck sign use be many my german neighbors would put garland around there holiday door with pigs on it. look even John allen of Gand D fame used aminal for litte humor fact look Gratiot Valley pictures in trainboard I have dragon chasing tall ships.
    • Rick Saviano
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2009
        Thomas,

        A good place to look would be Reynaulds Euro Imports in Elburn,
        Illinois. Elburn is just a little too far away to be considered a
        Chicago suburb, and is definitely half a world away. Reynaulds has a
        web site, which is at the top of the Google search results. They bought
        the old Elburn Bank Building, and much of their stock is appropriately
        stored and displayed in the vault. They go to Germany yearly, and
        usually have some cars that don't normally make it stateside.

        Because of the distance, they are my second choice when I'm looking
        for Marklin, and out of the five places I used to shop for Z, they are
        one of the only three left. My number one place is America's Best
        Trains and Hobbies (in Itasca), followed by Grayland Station in Chicago.

        - Rick Saviano

        thomasc600 wrote:
        > The pig engine is good luck sign use be many my german neighbors would put garland around there holiday door with pigs on it. look even John allen of Gand D fame used aminal for litte humor fact look Gratiot Valley pictures in trainboard I have dragon chasing tall ships.

      • sj_baz_man
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2009
          Last night, ebay had MANY small Märklin locos for sale.

          Jeff
          SF Bay Area Z