How to disengage Marsilius 85' Passenger Car

  • soccrdad
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
      Hello.

      I have a couple of Marsilius undecorated 85' Passenger Cars, that I would like to detail now. I have taken my exacto knive along the bottom edges to peek. But I would feel better in asking if anyone has already seperated the body from the frame for painting and detailing, and how they did it. I would hate to ruin a beautiful train car like this.

      Thank you for your help.

      John - Saginaw, MI.
    • Reynard Wellman
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
        Hi John,
        I have painted my Marsilius cars and don't remember
        any snags is disassembling them. Use your fingernails
        and an instrument screwdriver (those used for glasses)
        to pop them apart. They go back together nicely.
        Heck, I'm repainting and re-coupling most of my Marklin
        items as well --- it's a long slow process but I've grown
        fond of the challenges of Z, the "jeweler's" scale.

        Bite the bullet and dive in!

        best regardZ,
        Reynard
        On Nov 3, 2009, at 9:01 AM, soccrdad wrote:

        > Hello.
        >
        > I have a couple of Marsilius undecorated 85' Passenger Cars, that I
        > would like to detail now. I have taken my exacto knive along the
        > bottom edges to peek. But I would feel better in asking if anyone
        > has already seperated the body from the frame for painting and
        > detailing, and how they did it. I would hate to ruin a beautiful
        > train car like this.
        >
        > Thank you for your help.
        >
        > John - Saginaw, MI.

      • John Kellett
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
          Ok.  I am all set.  I am fine with most train cars, it is just when I work on a new train cars, that I get very cautious on how I handle them.

          Thank you very much Reynard.

          John - Saginaw, MI

          ________________________________
          I have painted my Marsilius cars and don't remember
          any snags is disassembling them. Use your fingernails
          and an instrument screwdriver (those used for glasses)
          to pop them apart. They go back together nicely.
          Heck, I'm repainting and re-coupling most of my Marklin
          items as well --- it's a long slow process but I've grown
          fond of the challenges of Z, the "jeweler's" scale.

          Bite the bullet and dive in!

          best regardZ,
          Reynard
          On Nov 3, 2009, at 9:01 AM, soccrdad wrote:

          > Hello.
          >
          > I have a couple of Marsilius undecorated 85' Passenger Cars, that I
          > would like to detail now. I have taken my exacto knive along the
          > bottom edges to peek. But I would feel better in asking if anyone
          > has already seperated the body from the frame for painting and
          > detailing, and how they did it. I would hate to ruin a beautiful
          > train car like this.
          >
          > Thank you for your help.
          >
          > John - Saginaw, MI.

          __.._,_.___
          Messages in this topic (2) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
          Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Polls | Members | Calendar

          MARKETPLACE
          Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families, for the world and for each other

          Recent Activity
          *  7
          New Members
          *  5