Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Passengers Getting Hungry On MTL Trains

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 55 , Nov 2, 2009
      Hi Ell,

      Sounds like you are having fun with those
      novelty items and lets' face it, Z scale is
      very well known for it's cuteness and collectibility.
      Even those "circus" cars are very well illustrated and for
      any " railroad toy collector" they are a real boon!
      Maybe we'll see some of those items on the 2109 Antiques
      Road Show.

      You are reading too much sarcasm into my rants.
      It just happens that I prefer the horse before the cart.

      Warm regardZ,
      Reynard
      On Nov 2, 2009, at 2:40 PM, ellgeib wrote:

      > Okay now Reynard, don't go implying snide comments about my "12
      > Days of Christmas" train. :-) That happens to be a very popular
      > train at two shows I do, one in November and one in December.
      >
      > Ell Geib
      >
      > --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Reynard Wellman <micron@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Elizabeth,
      > > I'm sure MTL will eventually complete these sets;
      > > they're just distracted by repainting their old boxcars as
      > > "12 days of Christmas", "circus" and "state" cars.
      > > And what about that weird caboose, endlessly repainted
      > > to represent company lines that never had that style in
      > > their inventory?
      > >
      > > Don't get me wrong. I think MTL's products are very usable
      > > and a real bargain. Eventually all these issues should
      > > be resolved. I just hope sooner than later.
      > >
      > > regardZ,
      > > Reynard

    • Elizabeth Hayes
      Message 55 of 55 , Nov 9, 2009
        is that guy in the green coat facing the tank doing what it appears that he is doing? that would explain the yellow puddle....

        To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
        From: pray59@...
        Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 21:34:22 +0000
        Subject: Novelty trains - Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Passengers Getting Hungry On MTL Trains

        glennwoodle wrote:
        >I'm surprised we don't have a version of the Atlas Nscale trailer on flats. Put a pair of 20' trailers on a 40' flat.

        I have some 53' TOFC cars:
        <http://www.trainboard.com/railimages/data/1048/Image77.jpg>
        <http://www.trainboard.com/railimages/data/1048/Image54.jpg>
        <http://www.trainboard.com/railimages/data/1048/Image63.jpg>

        -Robert

        Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
        http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009