Re : [Z_Scale] Re: Engine Pulling Power?

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2009
      >Hi Dom & Dave,
      >
      >You have brought up an excellent point we need to consider during the >development of our PULLMAN Heavyweight kits. Engine pulling power for >full trains.
      >
      >Brass, pewter, cast resin, RP, or a mixture of all the materials?
      >
      >Our current plans are to produce 3-axle frames from pewter with Teflon >inserts at the Fox Valley Wheel ends (lowers center of gravity), then >produce car ends, clerestory roofs, round top roofs, car sides, and >floors with interiors from cast urethane.
      >Now is the time to voice your opinions.

      Hi Jim, my opinion won't be of great advise as passenger trains are not my priority. I'll run this railfan trip passenger train as I've been owning this passenger Marklin set for a long time and as I purchased this GS4 on a collector basis, but I'm definitly involved towards current era freight hauling, as my current layout under construction is depicting a branchline in the western desert, and as my future layout will based on a Mexican remote line that actually runs in Yucatan.

      Dom