Nat. Geographic Program: America's Ports-Los Angeles

  • Malcolm Cleaveland
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2009
      Some time ago somebody posted to one of the Yahoo lists I belong to (I
      forget which), to inform intermodal enthusiasts that the National
      Geographic Channel was going to air a program in their America's Ports
      series about the port of Los Angeles. The program supposedly had a lot of
      good intermodal stuff.

      Unfortunately, I do not get the NG Channel, so I missed it. Did anyone
      see it and make a tape or DVD?

      I phoned NG DVD division and asked if a DVD was available. The service
      rep said, no, but he would pass the request up the food chain and, if they
      got enough requests, perhaps it would be made available. He added that
      they only make DVDs available for about 10% of their programs and that
      those are usually the most popular (as gauged by customer requests).

      So I'm asking two things:

      1. If you did make a copy of the program, could I buy a duplicate from
      you?

      2. Please call the NG DVD and CD division at 1-800-627-5162 and request
      that program. If they get enough calls, perhaps they will make it
      available. In fact, it would be neat if they made the whole series
      available.

      CheerZ,
      -- Malcolm Z