Coaling Tower Release Getting Closer

  • Reynard Wellman
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2009
      The DeKalb Coaling Tower in photo-etched brass is getting
      closer to a release date. This is a large, complex kit which will
      have 4 working coal chutes and a beautifully etched, easy to assemble
      staircase.

      The first kits to be released will the the N scale version, #2028.
      Next will be the Z scale version, #1028.

      I do not yet know what we will have to charge for this structure.
      I seriously doubt that the level of detail achieved by this design
      could be reproduced in other materials without looking lumpy.

      Photos of these brass details will follow in the next few days.
      For a fun CAD drawing of this structure please go to:
      http://www.micronart.com/on_the_drawing_board.html

      Thanks for your attention and enjoy.

      Reynard Wellman
      http://www.micronart.com
    • sj_baz_man
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 20, 2009
        WHOLLY COW ! That is one BEAUTY ! That ought to sell well !

        Make sure you get that over on Trainboard and Z Central Station.

        Jeff
        SF Bay Area Z

        > The DeKalb Coaling Tower in photo-etched brass is getting
        > closer to a release date. This is a large, complex kit which will
        > have 4 working coal chutes and a beautifully etched, easy to assemble
        > staircase.
        >
        > The first kits to be released will the the N scale version, #2028.
        > Next will be the Z scale version, #1028.
        >
        > I do not yet know what we will have to charge for this structure.
        > I seriously doubt that the level of detail achieved by this design
        > could be reproduced in other materials without looking lumpy.
        >
        > Photos of these brass details will follow in the next few days.
        > For a fun CAD drawing of this structure please go to:
        > http://www.micronart.com/on_the_drawing_board.html
        >
        > Thanks for your attention and enjoy.
        >
        > Reynard Wellman
        > http://www.micronart.com

      • Reynard Wellman
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 21, 2009
          Thanks Jeff,
          Like our historic depot models (IGN - Austin TX, B&O
          Oakland MD) it is has been more fun for me to design around
          old photos of very interesting structures rather than just
          dreaming something up. But It's hard when
          there are no dimensioned drawings to work from so
          a lot of trig comes into play to get it right. I've learned
          a lot from this project and have a new respect for the
          our railroad heritage as it has come down to us
          from our past architects and engineers.

          Enjoy!
          Reynard
          http://www.micronart.com