Re: [Z_Scale] putting my diningroom layout on hold

  • Edward Scullin
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2009
      JeanBe glad that you don't live in a large city.It sounds like a wonderful project, are there any other Z scalers that might be able to help you with construction or research?Ed ScullinRoanoke VA

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 27, 2009
        > In doing the research - and this alone is an extensive job - I have learned many more things about where I live and the original use of some of the buildings still standing. I have decided that this is a great use of my talents for scratchbuilding.
        >
        > So, while I had to put aside my own layout, I am still going to be working on one. The research is a killer as I like to add my imagination to likenesses of buildings, etc., and make it all my own.

        You may be interested in a glance at http://www.pendonmuseum.com/index.jsp

        As well as hosting things like John Ahern's Madder Valley it was
        originally started by Roye England to preserve in model form a lot of the
        look of the UK as was disappearing and particularly the buildings and
        artefacts.

        Alan
      • itsjustme4real
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 27, 2009
          Unfortunately, I appear to be a single unique oddity around my area. Since this project is being done in Z scale (the business owner is facinated with z scale) I would like to see this project not only get people interested in the town's history but also in Z scale. Jean

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 27, 2009
            Where are you located?  Who knows who might be lurking out there.  That is why I try to always put my city after my name.  Hopefully somebody will say "hey I'm nnot the only one here".Ed ScullinRoanoke VA