Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Planning an MTL Briefcase Layout: Interior Dimensions?

  • John Mui
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2009
      I building a shadow box layout. Its just big enough to run a GP9 or a GP35.
      The size of the box is 15x11x2.5. I originally plan to have a tunnel, but
      due to the height restrictions, I had to daylight it. The radius is tighter
      then 145mm, so no six axle engines or 50' cars.
      ( http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/album.php?albumid=60&pictureid=8377)

      John
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2009
        >I building a shadow box layout. Its just big enough to run a GP9 or a >GP35. The radius is tighter
        >then 145mm, so no six axle engines or 50' cars.

        Is such a tight radius OK for the above rolling stock and motive power????

        Dom
      • John Mui
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2009
          Dom, I tested it, and it runs fine with GP35, GP9, MTL PS2, Penzee coal
          hoppers. Since all my engines are dcc, so this is the worlds smallest dcc
          layout. Well, at least I think it is the smallest dcc layout. :D

          John

        • don@hfradio.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 4, 2009
            Dom, I tested it, and it runs fine with GP35, GP9, MTL PS2, Penzee coalhoppers. Since all my engines are dcc, so this is the worlds smallest dcclayout. Well, at least I think it is the smallest dcc layout. :DJohn

            You can always claim that until proven wrong! ;)