Marklin 2-8-2 pricing

  • Ken Armstrong
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2009
      Getting back to the original question of what is a reasonable cost for a
      2-8-2 on eBay. My "guesstimate" is about $120-180 from ones I have
      looked at recently. There is a wide spread of winning bids from around
      $80 to over $300 depending on condition and desirability. You need to
      check the shipping and handling cost as it can add a lot. You can search
      eBay for all the ending bids over a specific time and average these to
      get real data. Would throw out and really high or low bids to get a
      better result.

      BTW my father-in-law once had a Chrysler ex police cruiser with a 7
      liter engine. Not sure what that was in cu. in. but it would pass
      anything on the road without straining.

      Ken A.