Re: Noch's Tessin layout

  • Garth Hamilton
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 3 5:00 PM
      Have done micro welding in my work, I do not recommend it as a way to joining track however. You need better control of the process than arcing two pieces of rail together in a dead short. As for getting the stuff red hot have done that for tempering things.

      cheerz Garth

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Andy Reichert <andy_r@...> wrote:

      > I have to ask how you know that ?
      >
      > Garth Hamilton wrote:
      >
      > at 9vdc and 20 amps you can weld code 55 rail together.
      >
      > > cheerz Garth

    • Garth Hamilton
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3 5:08 PM
        With the correct solder and flux it is far easier to solder than to try and weld the rail together. While you can create a weld of sorts by shorting the two ends of the track to-gether a the correct amperage and voltage combination, you do not have the controls to control the process so you would not have a good weld and micro welding needs special equipment and tools to work properly and the cost far exceeds several engines. If it were practical and cheap it would already be a viable option in the hobby mags.

        cheerz Garth