Re: MTL Switch grinding

  • Don A
    Message 1 of 57 , Aug 1, 2009
      I think there is something else here that has been unsaid. Eric seemed to run up-river on his decision on couplers. From his seat the MTL equipment does quite fine on MTL track and MTL turnouts. I think that means HE is happy and he really is not too excited about conforming to everyone else's equipment. I don't agree with that approach, but then I don't own the company...nor does Eric, but his wife does - or at least that's my understanding. I guess that means there is a big opportunity for "someone" to develop track of all types that will work with everything in the Z market. I think a lot of this could be resolved by having NMRA recognize the Z Community and establish some standards. Does not Rob and/or Jeffrey [or both] belong to some of the standards groups?

      ...don

    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 57 of 57 , Aug 4, 2009
        In a message dated 8/1/09 1:21:13 PM, andy_r@... writes:

        > Do you know what is
        > happening to the Marklin product lines in the future, post bankruptcy?

        Andy,

        It is too soon to say. I know from my contacts with Marklin that the Z line
        is part of their long term plans. But it really depends on the new owner
        once they are established. The Z line is now under the control of the Trix
        team. There are some in Marklin who want to bring it back to the Marklin fold.
        We are all waiting for this time of uncertainty to come to an end.

        Rob

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016