Re: [Z_Scale] Re: MTL Switch grinding

  • Alan Cox
    Message 1 of 57 , Aug 1, 2009
      > Here's another suggestion. Take the damn things off of that molded roadbed and sell them that way as well. It would take some work but it would give another welcome option to Marklin, Peter Wright or hand-layed turnouts.

      That was what always struck me as odd.

      You want good tight visually accurate turnouts with precision frogs on
      trackwork that is good for serious modelling. You want reliable plug and
      drive behaviour on trainset track yet Z now has the reverse ;)

      Alan
    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 57 of 57 , Aug 4, 2009
        In a message dated 8/1/09 1:21:13 PM, andy_r@... writes:

        > Do you know what is
        > happening to the Marklin product lines in the future, post bankruptcy?

        Andy,

        It is too soon to say. I know from my contacts with Marklin that the Z line
        is part of their long term plans. But it really depends on the new owner
        once they are established. The Z line is now under the control of the Trix
        team. There are some in Marklin who want to bring it back to the Marklin fold.
        We are all waiting for this time of uncertainty to come to an end.

        Rob

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016