Re: [Z_Scale] Re: MTL Switch grinding

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 57 , Jul 31 9:58 PM
      Scott,

      No this does not include any AZL products prior to 2008. Starting last
      year, AZL new releases moved away from their tradition wheel width to a new
      width to accommodate the MTL turnouts. AZL has no plans to change any wheel
      widths on their existing inventory.

      Also note, steam locos have rigid frames and are less forgiving of tight
      turnouts, especially on the curved portion. I can completely understand how
      Reynard may have difficulties with his GS4 going through MTL turnouts. there
      are quite a lot of wheels on a rigid frame moving through very tight quarters
      on the MTL turnouts. Having some play between the rail guards and the rail
      does make a huge difference. Even if the gauging is right on, it still may
      not completely solve the issue of a large rigid frame loco running through
      these turnouts. We will know more once the Challenger hits the market later
      this year.

      Rob

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      6142 Northcliff Blvd.
      Dublin, OH 43016
      phone/fax: (614) 764-1703
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      Distributor American Z Line

      Message 57 of 57 , Aug 4, 2009
        In a message dated 8/1/09 1:21:13 PM, andy_r@... writes:

        > Do you know what is
        > happening to the Marklin product lines in the future, post bankruptcy?

        Andy,

        It is too soon to say. I know from my contacts with Marklin that the Z line
        is part of their long term plans. But it really depends on the new owner
        once they are established. The Z line is now under the control of the Trix
        team. There are some in Marklin who want to bring it back to the Marklin fold.
        We are all waiting for this time of uncertainty to come to an end.