Re: RENT-A-LOK or RENT-A-WHOLE TRAIN

  • td25scorpio@ntlworld.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
      --- In z_scale@y..., "D. A. Karp" <z@c...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > Just a few note for those in the US buying from Europe... I've
      found
      > shipping from the UK or the Netherlands to be perfectly reasonable,
      both in
      > cost and timeliness. Shipping to and from Germany, on the other
      hand, can
      > get very expensive.
      >
      > Here's a hint, both for US buyers and German sellers: use uninsured
      > small-packet (unversichertes Päckchen). It's about a third of the
      cost as
      > standard shipping (~$10 versus ~$35), and is much, much faster (~1
      week
      > versus ~1 month).
      >
      > -David

      > http://www.creativelement.com/z/

      Hi David and z fans

      interestingly enough, i asked a US seller if you ahve small paket
      service over there, and he replied no.
      but it does exist in the US then ?
      regards
      simon
    • D. A. Karp
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
        Simon,

        We in the USA have a bunch of different options, and they depend on the
        destination, weight, and whether or not you need to insure the
        package. For example, what used to be called "small packet" is now
        "airmail letter post" (IFAIK). If you want insurance, however, you need to
        use the more expensive "airmail parcel post." We also have Global Priority
        Mail, but that's only for flat items (such as catalogs). The full range is
        listed at http://ircalc.usps.gov/

        -David

        At 09:31 PM 9/3/2001 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hi David and z fans
        >
        > interestingly enough, i asked a US seller if you ahve small paket
        >service over there, and he replied no.
        > but it does exist in the US then ?
        > regards
        >simon