Re: [Z_Scale] Re: MTL Switch grinding

  • Andy Reichert
    Message 1 of 57 , Jul 31, 2009
      Do we know what the depth on the MTL frog flangeway is? Or the AZL
      flange depth?

      You can possibly just replace the frogs with the new Proto:87 Stores Z
      Frogs, (NO milling machine needed ;) )but the current FW depth on those
      is ~0.020" on the code 40 and ~0.027" on the code 55's.

      The guard rails are functional, so grinding them back without may also
      cause some derailments due to frog vee picking.

      HTH

      Andy

    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 57 of 57 , Aug 4, 2009
        In a message dated 8/1/09 1:21:13 PM, andy_r@... writes:

        > Do you know what is
        > happening to the Marklin product lines in the future, post bankruptcy?

        Andy,

        It is too soon to say. I know from my contacts with Marklin that the Z line
        is part of their long term plans. But it really depends on the new owner
        once they are established. The Z line is now under the control of the Trix
        team. There are some in Marklin who want to bring it back to the Marklin fold.
        We are all waiting for this time of uncertainty to come to an end.

        Rob

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        6142 Northcliff Blvd.
        Dublin, OH 43016