Re: RENT-A-LOK or RENT-A-WHOLE TRAIN

  • obin69@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
      Hi,

      Packages entering the UK from the States attract Tax at 17.5% if the
      stated value of the article, on the green customs form, exceeds £18.
      Checking the 'gift' box will perhaps dissuade the customs from
      looking too closely.

      Small packets usually take 4-6 days.

      Peter

    • td25scorpio@ntlworld.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
        --- In z_scale@y..., "D. A. Karp" <z@c...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > Just a few note for those in the US buying from Europe... I've
        found
        > shipping from the UK or the Netherlands to be perfectly reasonable,
        both in
        > cost and timeliness. Shipping to and from Germany, on the other
        hand, can
        > get very expensive.
        >
        > Here's a hint, both for US buyers and German sellers: use uninsured
        > small-packet (unversichertes Päckchen). It's about a third of the
        cost as
        > standard shipping (~$10 versus ~$35), and is much, much faster (~1
        week
        > versus ~1 month).
        >
        > -David

        > http://www.creativelement.com/z/

        Hi David and z fans

        interestingly enough, i asked a US seller if you ahve small paket
        service over there, and he replied no.
        but it does exist in the US then ?
        regards
        simon
      • D. A. Karp
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
          Simon,

          We in the USA have a bunch of different options, and they depend on the
          destination, weight, and whether or not you need to insure the
          package. For example, what used to be called "small packet" is now
          "airmail letter post" (IFAIK). If you want insurance, however, you need to
          use the more expensive "airmail parcel post." We also have Global Priority
          Mail, but that's only for flat items (such as catalogs). The full range is
          listed at http://ircalc.usps.gov/

          -David

          At 09:31 PM 9/3/2001 +0000, you wrote:
          >Hi David and z fans
          >
          > interestingly enough, i asked a US seller if you ahve small paket
          >service over there, and he replied no.
          > but it does exist in the US then ?
          > regards
          >simon

          http://www.creativelement.com/z/
        • Helmut Paule
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
            there should be no tax on Trains & associated parts!
            I import from Germany for the last 4 Years...no $ limit !
            also priority Mail Germany to Florida 10 - 12 Days
            depending on Parcel size (postage $ 8.00 to 25.00)
            regular parcel can take up to 4-6 weeks ( 4.00 to 12.00)

            So, check with your Customs office !

            "Z" Greetings