Re: [z_scale] high density foam??

  • John Koschwanez
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2001
      There is a product on the market called "Precision Board" by Coastal
      Enterprises Co. Tel: (800) 845-0745. It is used primarily by Sign shops
      for routing signs in 3-D and then painting. The sample I have is 3/4"
      thick and is very dense. There is also a listing on the sample for
      Montroy Supply Co. (apparantly the distributor) with many 800 numbers in
      Western U.S. They also have a web address: www.montroy.com I'm sure if
      you contact your local sign shop, they can get this for you in something
      less than 4' X 8' pieces if they don't already have it on hand. At trade
      shows, I have seen this stuff being routed which, when stained, look
      like sand-blasted redwood signs.

      rleonard@... wrote:

      > I have just read an article on the "ETE" European Train Enthusists
      > site describing making viaducts using Super Sculpey or FIMO clay and
      > high density form. Apparently it can be cut with a band saw or carved,
      >
      > covered with the clay and baked in an oven. Does any know the trade
      > or brand name of this foam?
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      [Lose 20 lbs by November 5th!]