Re: MTL Circus Advertising Car

  • Rick Saviano
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20, 2009
      Born and raised in Chicago. I live in one of the suburbs, which gives
      me a chance, when the family will tolerate it, to photograph buildings
      and details as needed. Although the layout is in various stages of
      incompleteness, one of my "design breakthroughs" is to hide the
      inevitable "circle of track" by modeling the IC tracks underneath the
      Art Institute (now mostly covered by Millennium Park) and having the
      trains run through the Michigan Avenue Bridge (currently made of cardstock).

      I take reverse advantage of the perspective warping in PhotoShop to
      straighten out the buildings that I can't get far enough away to shoot
      head on, and use a couple of Chicago architecture books (Chicago's
      Famous Buildings - Schulze and Harrington; the architecture of Chicago's
      Loop - Steiner; and Chicago Architecture and Design - Zukowsky) to scale
      the pictures to the right size.

      Rick Saviano